Warhead Stroll, Super Misfire, Mission Control
three Godot games made it to GitHub's "A peek inside some of the top games from Ludum Dare 49" blog post:
- Warhead Stroll: Compo game. 2nd Overall with 33 ratings. Not counting its Overall results, the game got 5 top 10 places: Humor (5th), Theme (6th), Audio (7th), Graphics (8th), Fun (9th) and two 15th places for Innovation and Mood.
Made by Cagibi on Itch, @Cagibidev on Twitter.
Just for bragging rights: This was the first game mentioned on the article. Suck it Unity!
- Super Misfire or: One Gun To Shoot Them All: Compo game. 14th Overall, 1st in the Fun category, with 47 ratings. Made by Ivysly on Itch, @ivy_sly_ on Twitter.
- Mission Control: Compo game. 34th Overall with 35 ratings.
Made by Petturtle on Itch.
Paralunar, Chess Hellevator, Life Sacrificer
Three more games, this time from the latest post on the Github Blog: 13 short and scary games plus source to play (or hack) this Halloween 🎃
- Paralunar - This game was an entrie for the Game Off 2020. #2 Overall and #1 in Gameplay.
Made by remruts on Itch, @remruts on Twitter
- Game Off 2020
- Chess Hellevator - A Ludum Dare 48 entrie, 28th Overall.
Made by Boxed Meat Revolution on Itch.
- Ludum Dare 48
- Life Sacrificer - I have to be honest, I haven't heard of the Blackthornprod GAME JAM before, even tho the event #3 had over one thousand entries and I do know the channel.
The game came out in 16th place Overall!
Made by Schweini007 on itch
- Blackthornprod GAME JAM #3
5.8% of sales, but 38% of bug reports
A thread on r/GameDev describing how a "disproportionally big amount" of bugs were reported by players using Linux blew up this week (7535 upvotes).
The gist of it was that Linux users are excellent at finding/reporting bugs.
Do you know how many of these 400 bug reports were actually platform-specific? 3. Literally only 3 things were problems that came out just on Linux. The rest of them were affecting everyone - the thing is, the Linux community is exceptionally well trained in reporting bugs. That is just the open-source way. This 5.8% of players found 38% of all the bugs that affected everyone. Just like having your own 700-person strong QA team. That was not 38% extra work for me, that was just free QA!
The post made the rounds all over the place:
- Learn to Code FROM ZERO with Godot, the Free Game Engine - With 51 hours to go, the campaign reached ~475% of its original goal, or USD $110,964 (€95,033.50) of the $23,352 (€20,000) GDQuest was asking.
- Helms of Fury - Three weeks away from the finish line, the campaign already went over the 50% mark (~54.2%) with 218 backers donating USD $6,581. USD $ 5,563 away from the goal!
📰 Godot news round-up
- Gotm.io Jam number 10. Theme is Escape. 9 Days and 9ish hours to go.
- Godot Plugin Particles Renderer - "Create sprite sheets from particles"
- Blender 3.x roadmap - A look at Blender's future.
This article aims to provide an outline for the Blender 3.x roadmap. It has been reviewed with several of the core contributors already. Feedback is very welcome as usual, this will be a living document for a while.
If you have anything you want to share with the Godot development community please let me know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org